Thursday, September 9, 2010

From Tezi Schaffer, USA


I was a classmate of Rhonda’s at Bryn Mawr, and remember a gorgeous, impossibly poised young woman who talked with her hands, with great vitality. We both spent our junior year in Paris. She brought all the intellectual sparkle one stereotypically associates with the Left Bank back to Bryn Mawr.

We lost touch after graduation, but I read with vicarious pride about her legal accomplishments. Her passing was a shock. I recognized the classmate I had known in the videos of her last years that I saw on the web. The thick black hair was gone but otherwise, the sparkle, the passion, the generosity of spirit, and the perpetual sense of discovery were all there. Those are the qualities which touched so many people, and which will be sorely missed.