Friday, May 7, 2010

From Ana María Pizarro Nicaragua

Translation from Spanish (below) by Maureen Mason & Eugenia Bermudez

Hi Maria, We are gathered together over Rhonda's passing, with the same energy that she put into everything. I have great memories of the house she built with her own hands and her office at the University; one night when I had an appointment with her, I took the New York subway in the wrong direction and went so far the wrong way that it looked to me like the end of the world; when I returned from my adventure we laughed a lot and she helped me get over my bad fright. Those memories are the best that I can treasure on a day like today.

HOLA MARIA, Estamos reunidas alrededor de la partida de Rhonda, con esas mismas energías que ella le ponía a todas sus cosas. Tengo hermosos recuerdos de su casa, que construyó con sus propias manos y de su oficina en la Universidad; una noche que tenia una cita con ella tomé el metro de Nueva York al revés y me fui tan largo que parecía el fin del mundo, cuando regresé de la aventura nos reímos muchísimo y me ayudó a pasar el tremendo susto. Esos recuerdos son lo mejor que puedo atesorar un día como hoy.