Tuesday, May 18, 2010

From Kathy Engel

May 7, 2010

Dear beautiful loving Anita.

Thinking of you. And the amazing Rhonda. I met her in about 1980 and she was a force. And continued to be. Saw her at a yard sale a couple of months ago, beautiful and thin.

I've known Rhonda since my early twenties. I remember at that time Vivian talking about "those amazing CCR women."

I'll never forget when Rhonda took a group to Nicaragua and then came to meet with us in the MADRE office. She was so open, ready, humble.

With all that she did she always wanted to know how each member of the family was, seemed overflowing with interest and joie de vivre.

I know you were there with her and for her. And being there means everything. This is so sad. Just wanted to send you my love and gratitude.

hugs, Kathy